PASTORAL AND SPIRITUAL SERVICES AT SKYLINE
One of the things that makes the Skyline Wellness program stand out is its unique attention to the spiritual dimensions of healthy living as we age. Spiritual care is offered to everyone within our diverse community in an inclusive and welcoming way. We extend support during life’s transitions, encouragement in developing a sense of community and belonging—and compassion for both the ordinary and the difficult.
We also offer a variety of programs to nurture faith and bring depth to one’s spirituality. All are part of the many services offered at Skyline on a daily basis.
INTRODUCING OUR CHAPLAIN
Our Chaplain, Elizabeth Graham, an ordained Presbyterian minister, is here full-time Sunday-Thursday to address your spiritual needs and provide pastoral care. Rev. Graham offers Poetry and Prayer, Visual Journaling for Loss, Sacred Circles, Labyrinth Meditation, and Wit and Wisdom sessions. She also makes home/hospital visits, offers grief counseling and provides comfort to those whose lives are in transition.
You are welcome to stop by Elizabeth’s office at any time (adjacent to the 5th floor exercise room).
RELIGIOUS WORSHIP SERVICES/GROUPS
- Sunday Worship – 1st Sunday/mo., Episcopalian; 2nd, 3rd & 4th Sunday/mo. – Non-denominational
- Reflection and Prayer Discussion – Sundays
- Catholic Communion – Tuesdays
- Bible Study – Wednesdays
- Interfaith Contemplative Prayer – Wednesdays
- Creative Mindfulness – Thursdays
- Lenten Contemplative Prayer
- Vespers during Advent and Lent
- Memorial Events for Mother’s and Father’s Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day and All Souls Day
- Informational activities for the High Holy Days, Kwanzaa, Passover and Ramadan